World map showing both recognized countries and disputed areas

Home Forums General Announcements & General Questions World map showing both recognized countries and disputed areas

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

stephanielingemann
    Participant

I am looking for a global shapefile that allows you do show data for all disputed areas (like Waziristan, Spratlay Islands, Kahsmir, etc.). Do you have any idea where I can find a shapefile with not only the recognized countries but all disputed territories as well? Or is it possible to merge the disputed area shapefile with a Admin 0 – Countries shapefile?

Thanks a lot for any helpful input!

Stephanie

Nathaniel
    Keymaster

Stephanie,

The admin-0 counties and the admin-0 disputed areas polygons are designed to work with each other (layer the disputed areas on top of the countries at the same time).

Admin 0 – Breakaway, Disputed Areas

There are usually notes on the disputed area features saying who administers and who claims (can be multiple claims).

That said, the 2.0.0 release candidate 2 version of the disputed areas has been updated with more features:

Announcing Natural Earth v2.0.0, release candidate 2

And specifically: http://kelsocartography.com/downloads/gis/2012/natural_earth/ne_2.0.0_rc2/natural_earth_2.0.0_rc2_vector/ne_10m_admin_0_disputed_areas_2.0.0_rc2.zip

stephanielingemann
    Participant

Dear Nathaniel,

thanks for your reply. I am wondering how I can use them (admin-0 counties and the admin-0 disputed areas polygons) together? I am working with statplanet and I can only upload one shapefile. Thanks again for your help.

Stephanie

Nathaniel
    Keymaster

Try QGIS: http://qgis.org

andwilson
    Participant

Hello there, You have done a great job. I will definitely bookmark it and personally recommend to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this web site.

I am grateful for all those for sharing views on this useful topic.

all countries

rayhanripon
    Participant

if you want to remove your negative yelp, try linkwiper.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.