What software to buy for map enhancements

Home Forums Advice & Tutorials Software & Services What software to buy for map enhancements

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Cate
    Participant

I am interested in enhancing my maps and am trying to decide what software to buy on a limited budget. So far looking at Photoshop and Bryce, but I can be swayed. Would anyone know why I would purchase Illustrator instead of Photoshop? I know I have vector with Illustrator, but enjoy the 3d w/Photoshop and don’t know if I will get the color enhancements that I can from photoshop. Any advice is most welcome. I am a ESRI and AutoCAD user for production.

Nathaniel
    Keymaster

If you’re dealing with vectors in the GIS, Illustrator would be your best bet for further edits. Photoshop can do live-vector objects, but it is not made for that. The app has color enhancement tools, and if you want more Photoshop color transforms, you can get the Phantasm range of plugins from http://www.astutegraphics.com/. Google Earth Pro (with SHP import) can do almost all of what Bryce can do but with real GIS data rather than hack workarounds. Illustrator has week 3d, true.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.