Southern Sudan and Somaliland

Home Forums Natural Earth Map Data Cultural Vectors Southern Sudan and Somaliland

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

mheberger
    Participant

Hello, I’ve been making use of the NE data quite a bit to make maps for an upcoming book we’re publishing. Great stuff.

The country borders should be updated soon to add Southern Sudan, which becomes a nation on July 9, 2011.

Also, I noticed that Somaliland is shown as a country. Apparently there is some debate on whether they are a sovereign nation… I’m sure there are many such choices that had to be made when putting the data together.

Thanks,

Matt H

Nathaniel
    Keymaster

@mheberger: Glad you’re enjoying Natural Earth! We will be rolling out a dot.update to reflect the independence of the Republic of South Sudan as reflects in the internationally recognized peace accord time table. Tnx for checking. Will also reflect an update to PNG and Panama for the country and sovereignty adm-0 themes.

Per: Somaliland, NE uses the defacto standard and this country passes that test. There are a couple others like that in here (including Taiwan).

_Nathaniel

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.