Is there a cross-blended data set without shaded relief?

Home Forums Natural Earth Map Data Raster Cross Blended Hypsometric Tints Is there a cross-blended data set without shaded relief?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

David Medeiros
    Participant

I have a regional map of Australia I’d like to use the cross blended image as the background but at my scale and map extent the shaded relief is just a little too pixelated. An image without relief would allow me to create my own SR image to layer over the hypsometric tints for a better resolution. I notice this is available for some of the other Natural Earth data sets but not the cross blended one. Any chance one could be added?

It would be a welcome addition!

David

Tom
    Participant

Hi David,

Thanks for your suggestion of serving up the cross-blended hypsometric tints sans the embedded shaded relief. Others have requested the same thing and it is definitely on my list of things to do. However, creating this product is not as simple as you might think because of production short cuts that I took creating the original data and now regret doing. I would need a couple of days to reconstruct the data without the relief. For the next month or two I am busy with other projects, unfortunately.

Tom

David Medeiros
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Tom. I think it would make the cross blended image more flexible to have it without the SR, especially for larger scale maps. In the mean time I’ll have to see what I can do with natural scene designer. I’ve done a fair amount of monotone work in NSD but my full color ramps never look very good and of course are nothing like your cross blended images!

David

holgerschurig
    Participant

Oh, posted to wrong thread, sorry. Now I deleted this wrong post via EDIT.

Nathaniel
    Keymaster

@David:

A new version of the cross-blended hypsometric relief without shaded relief has been uploaded and is available for immediate use:

Cross Blended Hypso

_Nathaniel

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.